delightedreader

Pages: 400
Format: eARC
Amazon | B&N
Rating: four-stars

There ain’t no cowboys in this story. Ok, no I don’t talk that way. Heck, I correct my kids left and right on double negatives. For real, there isn’t a cowboy in sight in this book and that is what I came to know about Lorelei James. She stepped right out of that genre and hit a home run, but also made me want to throw my Kindle at the wall leaving me in a cliffhanger. Bound is a drama filled erotic story of Ronin and Amery, separated by 10 years of age, some maturity and dark secrets that will bite them in the ass at the end of this book.

The story is about 99% told from Amery Hardwick’s perspective with just a little bit from Ronin’s at the end, but it is told in third person point of view…thank you!!!! Amery is a young woman who grew up in an ultra religious family with one sibling. Moving to Denver with a boyfriend , Amery is stepping slowly away from her background roots. She live separately from her boyfriend, unable to totally break that religious background she grew up with. When she finds her boyfriend cheating on her, she breaks up, losing most of her friends except for Chaz, a gay guy who rents space from her building. Oh, she owns a building where she runs a graphics business, has one intern and rents space to two friends…one is gay and the other is a lesbian.

The story opens up with Amery being the moral support for her intern attending self-defense training. There is no “watching” at this dojo, so Amery has to take the class too where she butts heads with the owner, Ronin, over her attire. Bold, she undresses in front of him, which is totally out of her element. Intrigued with Amery, Ronin takes over Amery’s training both inside and outside of the dojo. Slowly over time Ronin pushes Amery beyond her boundaries. But as Ronin draws Amery out of her shell and opens her up to a totally new erotic world, he holds himself back only doling out little pieces of himself and his past to Amery. But deep secrets start to unravel a little over time causing upheaval to their relationship.

Amery is innocent, but I would not say naive. She knows what is going on in the world, but has no understanding of BDSM or erotic works. Ronin slowly introduces her to bondage, Shibari, Kinbaku and further darker Japanese bondage traditions. While it excites Amery it also terrifies her to hand over so much power to Ronin. Little by little Ronin’s secrets and desires start to unravel putting up walls around Amery that Ronin will have a tough time climbing.

Read More at: http://delightedreader.com/arc-review-bound-lorelei-james-2/