delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Changing The Game (Play By Play, #2)

Changing the Game - Jaci Burton Changing the Game by Jaci Burton
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Sports themed)
Series: Play by Play book 2

** spoilers for both book 1 and 2 in this series **

At the end of the first book The Perfect Play (A Play-by-Play Novel), Elizabeth or Liz as she is called has just been fired by Mick, the hero of the book. She is a sports agent, one of the best in her field, but she does something to the hero and heroine of the first book that gets her into a lot of trouble with Mick, a football player. Then there is Gavin, Mick's younger brother who is also represented by Liz. To understand all that is going on, I recommend reading the first book. It isn't needed to understand this one, but you have more of an understanding of what is going on and why Mick is really mad at Liz.

This book picks up a little time after the first book. Liz has been avoiding Gavin, who she has been in love with for years. Gavin is tired of it and decides to put an end to it right away. After a media dinner, Gavin corners Liz commanding her into is car and onto his beachfront home. And so begins a night of passion that left me drooling. While this was in no way a BDSM book, I loved how forceful Gavin was in getting what he wanted and giving her all the pleasure she needed.

But with all hard relationships there is a bumpy road. One being Liz and Mick are enemies now and he may not be directly influencing her clients to leave her, but he definitely puts a crimp in her client list. Not to mention all the family gatherings. While I loved Mick in the first book, I just wanted to smack him in the second book. I could understand his anger, but he didn't just leave it alone, he instigated some of the worse fights between Liz and Gavin.

The sex is hot and plentiful. Yes, I said plentiful. So don't be shocked when they try new things and give you hot flashes.

Overall, I LOVED this book. I can't stress that enough. I am now a Jaci Burton fan and in particularly the Play by Play series will always be pre-order for me!