delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Masked (Masked, #1)

Masked (Masked, #1) - Lissa Matthews Bobby is in the closet, but ready to come out of it. Wearing a Mask, he attends the Abyss’s Halloween Parties, watching Thor from the sidelines week after week. He’s interested in Thor, but Thor is straight. And, oh, yeah, they are friends.

Thor is intrigued by the man in the mask. He knows he has met him before but can’t place him. Finally he approaches Bobby and Bobby makes his move. Bobby requests a spanking, but only from Thor. But unknown to Bobby is that Thor also prefers men.

The two go off and share a scene together. Read the book to find out more because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone. Know that it ends abruptly, so you have to wait to read the second book to find out what happens. It is a trio of books so don’t think that this will be a full length story.

I have been a fan of Lissa Matthews since I read Pink Buttercream Frosting two years ago. Reading about Masked on Lissa Matthew’s site, it is mentioned that Thor, a character in this book, is also in the Pink Buttercream Frosting book. After reading Masked, I plan on going back and re-reading Pink Buttercream Frosting again.

While I am not generally into Male/Male romances, I found that this was very tastefully written. Not over the top. The men are men and not betrayed the way media betrays them. I suspect the romance will get deeper because both men are keeping the secret that they prefer men. One has a family hang up over it and the other really just doesn’t want to deal with the backlash until he has too.

Basically, this book is fabulous, well written and makes me pant for the next book.