delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Seven Day Loan (The Original Sinners, #0.5)

Seven Day Loan (The Original Sinners, #0.5) - Tiffany Reisz Full review at http://delightedreader.com

I started this story with a little warning that I was uncomfortable with a Dom loaning his sub out, but as she said, no one was holding a gun to her head, so I decided to get over that part.

The story was incredibly drawing and I liked both of the characters very much. EIeanor does seem a little young and immature, but I think I would have been a little smart assy with everyone if my man had given me away to be used by another man to get over his grief. Daniel breaks my heart. He truly loved is dead wife so much that he hasn't left the house in 3 years. Why he accepts another man's sub really doesn't come through very well. The two do fall in love, maybe not the forever kind, but they learn to accept each other.

I had a little problem with the whole BDSM situation because it didn't feel authentic, but I could have forgiven that as well. What I could not forgive was Eleanor's Dom being a priest. Yes, a priest. I can put up with a lot of kink, sadist and even loaning a sub out, but there are a few things I can't overcome. Priests being one of them. While I don't really believe in priests being celibate, that is a choice they make when they take on this job. They make vows and if they can't keep them, then why should I trust them?

The Dom who is a priest isn't in the book except for the beginning when he pulls up Eleanor's skirt and stick his fingers...well you know and makes her tell him who owns her. She never allows his name to cross her lips or Daniel's. She never wants to talk about him. So all we know is he is a priest, he left for Rome, and she adores the ground he walks on.

When the week is over, Daniel has totally fallen for Eleanor. Eleanor has fallen for Daniel but not enough to leave her Dom for him. But this does get Daniel to leave his house and in fact travel to South America.

In the end of the book it is revealed she lives with her Mom. Didn't Mom notice she was gone for seven days? Doesn't the heroine have any morals in loving a priest and obviously practicing BDSM with him?

If that little problem with the priest it would have gotten a few more stars, but that point ruined the entire story.

After I posted this review, the author sent me a tweet on Twitter.
"@DelightedReader Seven Day Loan is a tiny part of a very large series of book from Mira. I promise, the priest will be explained. ;)"

So right off I didn't know what Mira was, so I went to the author's website to investigate some more. While there I find out the author has posted some chapter's about Daniel after he comes back from South America. I won't go into that since it isn't part of this book, except to say it reiterates that Eleanor's lover is a sadist and yes in fact is a priest in the Catholic religion. To top is off he is in his 60's and took her virginity when she was 20...but he trained her to be his sub for two years before he had sex with her.

I don't know how this is all supposed to make me feel any better about this story. While I want to like it, it crossed some boundaries I just could not get past.