delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Masters at Arms (Rescue Me, #1)

Masters at Arms (Rescue Me, #1) - Kallypso Masters Masters at Arms was the first book and prequel of the series, Rescue Me. In Masters at Arms, we meet several of the characters that the first three stand alone books in the series. We meet Adam, Marc and Damian, the owners of Masters at Arms, a BDSM Club based in Denver. Along with the three men, we learn about two of the heroines, Savannah (Savi) and Kayla. There are more books planned than the three for the heroes, but the prequel helps you to understand how these characters met and moved on in life to this point.

Nobody's Angel is Marc and Angelina's story. While you meet Marc in Masters at Arms, you don't meet Angelina until this book. Both are Italians with deep emotions, good cooking and stubbornness.

The story starts off at the club, Masters at Arms. Marc comes on duty, as part owner, as a dungeon monitor. Wearing a wolf mask and running late, he comes across Angelina in a scene with her boyfriend, Allen. Allen is in affect beating the crap out of Angelina while she is on a St. Andrews Cross, blindfolded and well on her way into a deep subspace. Marc interrupts the scene after a lot of things tip him of that this is not consensual any more. Allen storms out to talk to Adam while Marc gets Angelina down from the cross and starts administering aftercare. Got to love a Dom who feeds you chocolate as well as giving you an orgasm!

Angelina returns home the next day and Adam will not give Marc any information about where she lives. Thinking she is a thing of the past, he goes on with his life as a SAR and leading wilderness hikes. When he is sent off on a SAR mission, a couple of months later, he gets stuck in the town doing news and media stuff with his partner, Luke.

After a few months, Angelina decides she needs to be brave and get out to her friend's bar. But when Allen walks in with a bimbo, she has to make sure he knows she as moved on. She slides into the booth with Marc and Luc. But the sparks fly for real between them all. She offers a home cooked Italian meal to the men (she's a cater) if they will just let her hang with them. During the evening they flirt a lot and the sexual tension builds. Angelina doesn't remember Marc, both because her memory is fuzzy and because Marc wore a mask, but Marc knows who she is right away.

I don't want to give too much more away except to say Angelina doesn't think she is submissive because of the incident with Allen, but Marc seems on a mission to show her otherwise. Luc is also attracted to Angelina, but he has a dark secret in his past that could break them. Allen is out there as the bad guy and he doesn't go away quietly.

The one thing that bothered me was how quickly they moved to be intimate in the book. While it seems like months have gone by, in reality they meet one night and the next night she is getting orgasms left and right by two men. Marc dominates her several times that night, spanks her once and tries over and over to show her that she is submissive. It just seemed way to quick to go from a good girl in reality to doing two men in one night. But let me clarify that, the men never have sex with her. It is all on her side and they willing give it to her.

The threat of Allen haunts her and they have to protect her as he stalks. He is one mean son of a &$#&!! But the two men think it is their job to protect her. Marc is in denial that he wants a commitment. He is so not wanting an Italian woman just like his mama. He spends most of the book ticking me off. One minute warm to Angelina and pushing her past her fears and then in the next breath he is pushing her away and hurting her. It just got kind of old fast.

You see a little more of Kayla and Adam in this book and by the end they have set up their own book. That one scares me as I don't know what to expect from a crusty older man and somewhat innocent younger woman. Will have to wait and see as I have it on my Kindle ready to go.

This review seems to be going on and on. Sorry about that. There are a lot of twists and turns in this book. Betrayal, passion, abuse, secrets, BDSM, spankings, self-doubt and more. It is deeper than I can ever put into this little review.

While there were a few issues with the book, overall I enjoyed it. I love the writing style of Kallypso Masters...and it helps that she only lives one state away from mine So if you want to read a BDSM book that isn't deep on the pain, but more on the sensual side of it, this book will give it to you hard! The emotions of the characters are graphically explained in detail. You can imagine they are right there in the room with you. Pick it up and give it a try. It's a good weekend read!