delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Their Virgin's Secret - Shayla Black, Lexi Blake Jessa is dealing with some big changes in her life. After a wealthy upbringing and stellar education, she can’t take it any more. She doesn’t want to go into business like her parents are demanding so she makes a break to pursue a career in her painting. Cut off from that wealth, Jessa moves in with her aunt and helps her run the bar. But when she can’t go home for Christmas and decides not to go on vacation with her aunt, she mans the bar even on holidays. Much to her surprise, in walks twins that have all the attraction to make her fall head over heels!

Burke and Cole are on a mission to shut down a prostitution trafficking ring. Undercover to make a purchase, they just stop in for a drink and instantly fall for Jessa. They know she is a virgin and they are on a mission, but the attraction just won’t go away. Burke knows right away she is the one, but then he is the easier going of the two. Cole feels the attraction, but his darker, brooding personality keeps telling him to push her away for her own good.

Spending a week together brings them more closely aligned. When Jessa sells her first painting, she wants to celebrate and what better way than with the two men she is falling for. But she is a virgin and virgins aren’t supposed to want two men and all the baggage that comes with them. Their lust pushes them all forward into a situation that will bite them and love them at the same time.

I really liked this book over the first one in the series that I found very silly. There still were some problems with this one, but I didn’t feel the total disbelief I felt all during the last book. This series is all about ménage, hence the name. But it also is about BDSM. So the women not only share more than one man, they have to submit to those men as well. Somewhat a silly premise, but I thought what the Hell? Give it a try.

This books flows chapter by chapter between the present and the past. The past happens with what happens in my description above, but circumstances separate them for a year. So the story goes from the present, to the past explaining how they got to where they are today.

These two brothers have ticked off someone who now is gunning for Jessa as payback. This is where it was a little unbelievable because the bad guy has so many people in his back pocket they couldn’t get any help. The present happens in the scope of about 2-3 days depending on when you count and end. But then again the first part of the book takes place within a week. So over all it is small timelines with a huge gap between.

The heroine, Jessa, gets annoying after a while. She calls them liars when they explain everything. I wanted to say give it up woman, but then again how would I feel in her place? Basically she wants to have sex with them but not get back with them. They want her, but in the forever kind of want. She keeps pushing them back and berating them until finally Cole realizes it for what it is. She wants them to take her so she can walk away with a clear conscience. It was a little hokey to be truthful.

There is a secret that I have not mentioned. I will not even hint at it. Just read it.

So while I disliked the first book, this one is marginally better, but still not the greatest book I have read from these authors. The next book in the series looks like we are back to three men and one woman. In for a penny in for a pound. Guess I am reading it too.

Do yourself a favor and skip the first book if you are interested in this series. This one is a better book.