delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Bound by Design - Natasha Moore Full review at: Delighted Reader

I bought this book about two years ago. I read it and didn’t think much about it. Recently my Kindle Fire came and the carousel loaded up with each one of my books and this one caught my eye. I remembered it as soon as I started re-reading it, mostly because it is a short book.

Jenn is a submissive at heart, but after a particularly brutal relationship while she was in college, she has vowed to stay away from the BDSM world. Having lost herself, she now designs erotic jewelry, particularly collars for slaves. Her vibrator is always on hand, but she never intends to embrace BDSM again.

Scott is new in town, but is introduced to Jenn through mutual friends at their housewarming party. His life fell apart after he revealed he was a dominant male to his fiancé. Leaving town, he vows to always be honest to his dominant side and never hide it from a woman he might be interested in.

When these two meet at the house-warming party, instant sparks fly. But when Scott pushes his advances as a Dom, Jenn pulls back but can’t pull back entirely. It scares her to fall again into the BDSM world, afraid she will once again lose herself and become the doormat she once was. Scott will need to show her the true meaning of a Master/Slave relationship and begin to build her trust in herself and in him.

The story is fairly short and takes place within a 24 hours window. A little unbelievable that the two will fall so hard as they do. Jenn has a lot of trust issues and needs the strength, gentleness and firmness that Scott can offer. But 24 hours just isn’t enough time to say these two are a couple. They do agree on a relationship, so no they don’t end it like a great love affair.

There are two reasons I couldn’t give it a higher rating. One is the quickness mentioned above and the other was the automatic jump into a Master/slave relationship. Master/slave implies the slave has no rights. Most relationships are Dominant/submissive, which is what this story felt more like to me. That may sound simple, but in all the stories I have read this is my understanding. I usually don’t like Master/slave relationships because I don’t believe in slavery. D/s implies there are choices. Ok, enough of the BDSM talk…this just felt more like D/s than M/s.

For a BDSM story, it is very well written. I would suggest it if BDSM books are of interest to you.