delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Nobody's Hero - Kallypso Masters I could not put this book down. Seriously! Once I started I am not sure I even wanted to eat or sleep! When I read the first book ,Masters In Arms, I wasn’t sure if I could get over the age thing, but after about 25% of the book, it became a non-issue to me. That’s out of the way.

Retired Marine Master Sergeant Adam Montague has fought so many battles both in the Marines and outside. It is now nine years after his wife, Joni, has died. He thinks he has gotten over her death, but finds he can not love anyone and has never said the words, even to Joni. Now a woman 25 years his junior is turning his eye and he feels like a dirty old man because of it.

Karla Paxton fell in love with Adam when she was sixteen, when he saved her from a thug pimp trying to assault her. She professes her love to Adam who politely turns her down and goes back to war. Now nine years later, she is dealing with the loss of her brother and instinctively goes to Denver to find Adam, only to audition to sing in the BDSM club he owns.

Now singing at night, she pours her heart out to him in songs while he tries to avoid anything to do with her besides be a fatherly figure. But when a Adam saves her from a cougar attack, she decides she has had enough and declares war on getting Adam to notice her as a grown woman who loves him. But Adam is a dominant and she doesn’t know if she is a submissive or can even be his slave like Joni was.

Incredible! This book blew my mind away. It had me crying, laughing, panting and wanting to bash Adam up the backside of his head! Adam has a lot of baggage besides loving a woman 25 years younger that he has to deal with in the book. There is some PTSD from war, a bad family life, dealing with the death of a wife who was his slave in a TPE lifestyle. He is one messed up guy. Originally when he tries to disuade Karla, he has her become his slave and we watch as Karla loses who she is to being his slave. He doesn’t want her to be his slave, he just thought that would be the quickest way to get her to stop trying to attract him. Some of the best scenes and worst scenes in this book come from this time. When I say worse, I don’t mean that in a bad way. We need the bad scenes to balance out what is going on, to grab our hearts and make us hold our breath to find out how it will end.

Adam pushes her hard. One thing I was a little uncomfortable with was him actually having intercourse with her when he was trying to get her to leave him alone. He just couldn’t stop making love…well that is a polite way of saying since most times there wasn’t any love involved in it.

Adam also is the king of punishments it seems by forcing a sub to have multiple orgasms even when they really can’t. It is a pain/pleasure type of punishment and it was very deep to read what Karla felt as she went through it. The emotional and physical hardship it invoked from her was awe inspiring as well and draining to read about.

This book isn’t an easy read and I am glad it wasn’t. It challenged me on so many levels and that is why I loved it. It doesn’t step away from taboo subjects. It hits them head on and you feel like you are right there with the characters feeling and doing the same things they are.

There is a subtle spin off for the next book with Damien and Savi. We see them meet again in this book and my heart broke for these two. Their story will be so hard to read, but also something I will feel compelled to read. Any day now I am waiting for this one.

We also see Marc and Angelina again. We see how Marc’s lying in the first book has hurt Angelina and they are still dealing with the fallout from that.

The entire gang has small parts to Adam and Karla’s story. Don’t wait! Pick this one and read it (after you have read the other two first please). You won’t regret it!