delightedreader

Delighted Reader

Shadows and Silk - Liliana Hart I became familiar with Liliana Hart's works when I won a book of hers. Since then I have watched as her writing has grown and now she is a very successful self-published author. I have been counting down the days until i could get my hands on Shadows and Silk after reading Cade. The MacKenzie family has no problems with fertility, which makes it a great series of hunks and kick ass women getting their HEA.

Running from your past isn't going to solve anything. Agent Brant Scott has desired Darcy MacKenzie since she was a child and her older brother Cade brought him home. But she was always to young for him, so he pushed her away and let her believe he hated her.

Darcy MacKenzie has loved Brant since the first time she met him. She knew she had some growing up to do, but never has her heart wavered. Flanked with four brothers, she isn't going to just lay down and let Brant walk all over her.

Four years earlier than this book, there was a point where Brant was protecting Darcy (read Cade to understand why). When the glass stopped flying and the bad men carted away, Darcy and Brant give in to their passion, but Brant is very clear it can lead to nothing more. He turns his back and sneaks off in the night, leaving Darcy with a broken heart.

Now four years later, Darcy is given the opportunity to help bring down a cartel making Rabbit, a date-rape drug that has a deadly ending. Able to decipher Mayan script, Darcy goes undercover as a newlywed...to Brant. Old passion is kicked into high gear, but Brant has a secret that prevents him from loving Darcy.

Shadows and Silk is about two people who love each other, but one is unwilling to acknowledge it even once. He's determined to keep Darcy, but never love her, thinking if he gives her marriage and babies, she will be content. Darcy is a powerful force and she won't settle for anything less than all of Brant's heart. The battle ensues, casualties are taken and the ending is yours to read :)

It wouldn't be a MacKenzie book unless you had other MacKenzie's involved. Shane and Declan are both involved in the undercover operation and bring the brother camaraderie that makes the MacKenzie series one I want to return to again and again.

Add to the intrigue the suspense of getting to the cartel before they kill anymore women and you have a fast paced book that you can't put down!

I recommend this book to anyone looking for a sexy couple that won't back down from each other, a bad guy that scares even me, and a family that keeps you coming back for the next story.